It’s definitely soup weather and when you have a bit of this and a bit of that you naturally make vegetable soup. I found this recipe the other day and tweaked it a bit.
Try it with the spinach. It’s deelish.
- 3 ribs celery, diced
- 3 carrots, shredded
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 32 oz cartons chicken broth
- 1 15 oz canned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 large potato, cubed
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas (Or green veggie of your choice. Spinach or cabbage are my favorite. Or use you favorite beans for more protein.)
- Pinch dried basil
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 cups egg noodles (I prefer No Yokes©)
- Heat a large pot over medium to medium low heat. Saute’ the celery, carrots and onions until they begin to caramelize, 10 to 15 minutes. Add garlic and stir about one minute.
- Add broth, tomatoes, tomato paste, potatoes, peas. Stir. Add basil, cayenne, kosher salt and black pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the vegetables are tender, 30 minutes. Add noodles and bring back to simmer until noodles are tender.
- Serve with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and crusty bread.