I shamelessly stole this recipe from my friend, Suzanne and it has become my last-minute, go-to, need a dessert quick recipe. This is a semi-homemade treat that’s been a big hit with my family. Her original cake calls for chocolate, chocolate, chocolate and that combo is delectable. I’ve also tried a few different flavor combos and our favorite has been lemon cake mix, lemon pudding & lemon zest. I made a simple glaze with lemon juice and powdered sugar.
1 cake mix-any flavor
1 package instant pudding mix-any flavor
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup sweetened coconut
½ cup chopped pecans
Any add-in of your choice such as raisins, pineapple, lemon zest, toffee chips, etc. Try different flavor combinations.
1 cup sour cream
4 large eggs
½ cup water
½ cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray Bundt pan generously with cooking spray.
3. Place all ingredients into large mixing bowl. Mix together by hand (like a brownie mix) with rubber spatula or whisk until ingredients are blended, about 3 minutes.
4. Bake for one hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
5. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Turn Bundt pan over onto cake plate to remove cake from pan. Cool completely on wire rack. Dust with powdered sugar if desired.