Jules’ Chicken Broccoli & Cheese Casserole
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
2 tbsp olive oil
1 small yellow onion, diced
4 heads fresh broccoli, florets only
1 cup cream of chicken soup (see recipe)
¼ cup plain Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
2 cups skim milk ricotta cheese, thoroughly drained
3 cups sharp cheddar, shredded
• Preheat the oven to 350ª.
• Season the chicken breast halves and brown them in a preheated skillet, approximately 4 minutes per side. Place chicken in a small casserole dish and roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
• Steam the trimmed broccoli florets until they’re tender. You can also use frozen.
• Add a dab more olive oil (if needed) to the skillet and sauté the diced onion for 2-3 minutes, or until it begins to become tender.
• In a large bowl combine the cream of chicken soup, yogurt , ricotta cheese and 2½ cups cheddar cheese into a sauce. Add the broccoli, sautéed onions and shredded chicken. Mix well.
• Pour the mixture into a 9 x 13 casserole dish and top with remaining half cup cheddar.
• Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden.