Jules’ Cornbread Stuffing
2 tbsp olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, diced
6 stalks of celery, with leaves, diced
1 tsp House Seasoning
1 tsp poultry seasoning
4 tbsp butter
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1 12oz bag Pepperidge Farm Cornbread Stuffing
2-3 cups of chicken stock
Kosher salt to taste
• Preheat a stockpot over medium heat and add olive oil. Add the onion and celery and sauté until tender and translucent, about 10 minutes.
• Add house seasoning and poultry seasoning and mix well. Reduce heat to medium low, add butter and allow it to melt.
• Add dried cranberries and chopped pecans and stir the mixture well.
• Add the dry cornbread stuffing to the pot and stir.
• Add the chicken stock one half cup at a time, stirring well between additions. The dressing should not be soggy, just lightly moistened. When it is the the right consistency, taste it for seasoning and adjust to your taste.
• Transfer to buttered casserole dish and bake at 350º till warmed through, about 30 minutes.