Quick, easy and oh, so good! This comes together in a snap with only a few ingredients.
Chicken with Pasta and Lemon Butter Sauce
2-4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 lb of spaghetti
1 stick of butter, cut into pats
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup half and half
1-2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp kosher salt
2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
• Preheat the oven to 350º.
• Place the chicken breasts into a plastic freezer bag and flatten them to about 1/2″ thickness using a meat mallet or heavy canned good. Season the chicken with House Seasoning.
• Heat a skillet over medium heat and add a dab of olive oil. Brown the chicken, about 4-5 minutes per side. Remove the browned chicken breasts and place them into a shallow casserole dish and set aside.
• Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
• Pour the lemon juice to a medium sized sauce pan over medium high heat. Bring it just to a boil, then turn off heat. Add the pats of butter, 2-3 at a time, whisking constantly. This will create an emulsion and a smooth, velvety texture. Slowly drizzle in the half and half while continuing to whisk. Add the sugar, salt and parsley and whisk till blended. Taste and adjust sugar and salt to your preference. Note: It will be tart, but the chicken and pasta will balance it out.
• Place the chicken breasts into the 350º oven and bake for approximately 10-12 minutes. Do not overcook them or they will become tough and rubbery.
• Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook till al dente.
• Drain the pasta and nest it on a dinner plate. Slice the chicken breasts into 1/2″ strips and place a serving on top of the pasta. Drizzle the lemon butter sauce over the chicken and pasta. Serve with a fresh, green salad.