Super quick, super easy, super light, super delicious summer dinner. On the table in a flash!
JULES’ CHICKEN & VEGETABLES
1 lb chicken tenders or breasts cut into 1” strips
1 cup chicken stock
1 cup white wine
House seasoning (Equal parts kosher salt, black pepper & granulated garlic)
2 tbsp butter
2 cups baby carrots (or cut carrots)
2 cups sugar snap peas
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
Optional: 1 dash cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp dried basil
Freshly minced ginger
Fresh parsley, chopped
• Heat a large skillet or wok-style pan over medium heat. Add a bit of olive oil to the pan, about 1 tbsp, and toss in the chicken pieces. Season them with house seasoning and brown on both sides for four minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
• Add more olive oil to the pan, about 2-3 tbsp, and toss in the mushrooms. Saute them until they begin to brown and become just tender.
• Add the remaining veggies and toss, toss, toss for about 10 minutes, until they all begin to get tender.
• Make a well in the middle of the pan by pushing the veggies to the sides. Pour in the chicken stock and white wine. Add the dab of butter. Toss the veggies in the liquid and return the chicken to the pan. Lower the heat to a gentle simmer for 15 minutes.
• If you wish, you may thicken the sauce by dissolving 1 tbsp of cornstarch in 2 tbsp of water. Add quickly and stir well.
• I serve it with rice. You may add whatever seasonings and/or herbs you like. Ginger is delicious fresh herbs like basil.