Note: If you prefer to roast the chicken without vegetables in the slow-cooker, make 3-4 golfball sized balls of aluminum foil to keep the chicken off the bottom of the pot. Someone could make money if they invented a rack for the bottom of a slow-cooker.
1 whole lemon
1/2 cup water (optional)
1 tsp granulated garlic
1 tsp Kosher salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp dried parsley
1 tsp sweet paprika
1 packet Goya Sazon (optional)
• Rinse and pat dry a whole chicken. Drizzle olive oil over the chicken and rub to coast the skin.
• Mix the seasoning in a small bowl and then sprinkle evenly over the entire bird.
• Slice the lemon in half and squeeze the juice into the pan or slow-cooker. Put the whole rinds into the cavity of the chicken.
• For Oven Roasting: Preheat the oven to 425º and place the prepared chicken into a shallow roasting pan. Roast for 90 minutes.
• For Slow-Cooker Roasting: Place a few roughly chopped vegetables in the bottom of the slow-cooker along with 1/2 cup water. I prefer carrots. Cover and roast on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours.