TANGY SAVORY SLOW-COOKER PORK ROAST
1 large yellow onion, sliced thin
2-3 lb boneless pork picnic roast or shoulder
2 cup chicken stock
3 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp granulated garlic
1 dash hot pepper sauce
4 pats of butter
• Heat a skillet over medium heat. Season the picnic roast liberally with salt, pepper and granulated garlic. Brown on all sides for 4-5 minutes until nicely browned.
• Place the sliced onion in the bottom of the slow cooker and then add the chicken stock, lemon juice, soy sauce, black pepper, kosher salt, granulated garlic, hot pepper sauce and pats of butter. Mix well.
• Place the browned roast into the slow-cooker.
• Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
• Remove roast from slow-cooker and pour liquid into a medium sauce pan. Make into a gravy using a roux of butter and flour.