TANGY SAVORY SLOW-COOKER PORK ROAST
1 large yellow onion, sliced thin
2-3 lb boneless pork picnic roast or shoulder
2 cup chicken stock
3 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp granulated garlic
1 dash hot pepper sauce
• Heat a skillet over medium heat. Season the picnic roast liberally with salt, pepper and granulated garlic. Brown on all sides for 4-5 minutes.
• Arrange the slice onion in the bottom of the slow cooker and then place the roast on top of the onion.
• In a small bowl stir together the chicken stock, lemon juice, soy sauce, black pepper, kosher salt, granulated garlic and hot sauce; pour over roast.
• Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
• Remove roast from slow-cooker and pour liquid into a medium sauce pan. Make into a gravy using a roux of butter and flour.