For juicy, fork-tender chicken breasts the key is to not overcook them. Here’s my foolproof method:
• Heat a heavy skillet over medium heat. Preheat oven to 350º.
• Using a meat mallet, pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness, approximately 1/2-3/4″ then season them on both sides. I prefer Kosher salt, black pepper and granulated garlic.
• Add a tablespoon of butter and a tablespoon of olive oil to the hot pan. Using both oil and butter will keep the butter from scorching.
• Place breasts into the pan and brown on both sides for 4 minutes.
• Remove from pan and place in ovenproof casserole dish. Put into the 350º oven for 20 minutes. Voilà! Perfect and tender every time.